Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Being Sick Sux

Well here's the next installment to this blog....

As you may know, I have caught the flu and have had it for the last 2 weeks. Its puts a real drag on your life cuz you're always walking around going "Gee, my head is really full of snot and theres not much I can do about it..!". In my case, my cold digressed from being a sore throat where I was coughing up a lung each morning to my nose being filled with snot every morning and having to blow that out! Im almost over it so rest assured...Im ok!

I managed to catch the movie "16 Blocks" today with my man Heath. It was a pretty cool film about a washed up, alco and depressed cop (Bruce Willis) who has to take this witness (Mos Def) to a court house by 10AM. The movie starts at 7AM abouts and goes through the following 3 hours. I kinda thought it was weird how all the stuff we watched in the film could have happenned in 3 hours. Its like watching an episode of 24 and thinking how that could have all happenned in 1 hour! Anyways, it was a good watch and I'd reccommend it if you wanna watch an action flick.

We also saw this funny trailer called 'Snakes on a Plane'. It was a pretty cheesy trailer and has Sammuel L Jackson in it. As the title says, its basically what it is (plus some various other phobias) and its suppose to be a thriller...yep...you can only imagine. Just think how S.L Jackson is in Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown and put in a film about these crazy snakes that get let loose on a plane. Yep, an instant blockbuster! :P

I managed to catch DJ shadow at the Horden Pavillion 2 Sundays ago, and that was one kick ass show. Shadow's setup was amazing, he had 3 massive projector sheets behind and below him all screening these awesome and trippy movies as he was playing! I wish I had photos to show you, maybe they'll get put on the JJJ site soon....i'll keep my eyes peeled!

Some might know, but I've been planning a trip to go away to Europe in September. Its pretty exciting and Im looking forward to it! Its a little daunting too because Im going on my own...but I know theres someone always watching over me! Im flying out on the 28th of August and into London on the 29th. From there Im catching a train to Paris, then to Venice, Bologna and Rome. Then a quick hop to Athens, then back to London and back to Sydney! I should be back by the 22nd of September because I have my graduation ceremony on the following week, and then I'll be starting work in October. But if you're a pray-er, please pray for guidance and safety my travels, as well as staying solid of the King! I'll be putting up pics and writing my crazy adventures on this blog...if you're interested.

Lastly, heres a pic of one of my fave pics, Dennis Lycxen, of the band Refused and (International) Noise Conspiracy. If you get a chance, check out the DVD Refused released called (its a little rude) "Refused are F#$k@#g Dead".

Anyways, 'nuff said.

d

Latest Listens:

  • Jamie Callum - 20 something
  • Jose Gonzalez - Veneer
  • Muse - Black holes and revelations
  • Something for Kate - Desert Lights
  • Protest the Hero - Kezia
  • TV on the Radio
  • Jeff Buckley - Grace

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you are going to Europe?? First I have heard about that! (haha just picking on u now!) now that I know your blog spot I can keep up with your life!

4:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man it will be awesome to hear about your travels! make sure to keep us updated!

3:29 pm  
Blogger Angela Dorizas said...

Snakes on a plane. Haha. I actually want to go see it to see just how painful watching it will be. Did you see Samuel L. Jackson promoting it at the MTV movie awards?? And he thinks it's the best film ever made. Haha.

Yay for Europe. Lucky (Napolean voice)

8:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home